Saturday, March 12, 2011

Why I love trail running

There's nothing quite like running between the trees and the tranquil waters of First Landing state park in Virginia Beach, Virginia.

Views from First Landing
We make it a priority to get there at least once a week for hiking or running. Last summer we would run at least 8 miles every weekend there for our long run, in addition to our normal daily runs.

The only bad thing about trail running is that it spoils you completely, I hate running around neighborhoods now and dread the thought of cement or tarmac under my feet!

Regardless, we have our first race together coming up next weekend, The Yuengling Shamrock! Completely on hard cement and tarmac! I'm sure I'll survive though!

I love being in Virginia Beach in the Spring. The weather here is beautiful and the skies are always blue. The summer tends to get a little too hot for my personal liking but I'll take it for the green surroundings and beautiful waterways!

With summer just around the corner our Planet Fitness visits will become less and less and only for lifting purposes. It's way too nice to be stuck indoors. So get out there and enjoy life and everything that's around you!

No comments:

Post a Comment