Sunday, April 4, 2010

Another week down

Sunday is the day we get our weekly weigh-in done. We both came out 4 pounds lighter than last week, so I guess that's pretty good. Naturally, we would both prefer it to be 10 pounds or even more, but such a thing is most impossible. If you can accomplish it, it certainly isn't healthy. I'll take the 4 pounds anyhow. Better than gaining 4 pounds, right?

So Easter was today and we had a nice dinner at my cousin's house, even though I had to rush through it to get to work, which sucks. Hate to eat and run, seems a bit rude and ungrateful. Hopefully in the future we can get together and spend some time. I had a well balanced plate of ham, mashed taters, and Cole slaw. This is pretty good for me. In the past I'd have piled up everything on the table and then went back for seconds. I'd like to call this a victory over my will power. I even declined the dessert: chocolate-peanut butter cheesecake brownies, which incorporates just about everything I love into one compact fat cluster. This is a definite bonus. Pretty proud of myself for that one. I got a little bit to eat for later, which is good, since I don't usually eat after 3 pm.

As for working out, not much has changed. We've been running 3-4 miles daily. Sticking with it and trying to increase our pace and stamina right now so we can put more on our schedule in the future. I will be running 4-5 miles again individually on Tuesday and probably again on my birthday, Wednesday, so that will help me build my own endurance on top of helping out Jasmine. Weights are tomorrow, so that is technically a rest day for me, until we go to Mount Trashmore later on for a 2 mile run. So everything seems to be going pretty well on that front.

Well, guess I'm just blabbering, stream-of-consciousness style now, so I'll stop the monotony. Have a good Easter, for whats left of it, and I'll holler at ya later.

No comments:

Post a Comment