Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Who wants to wake up to Jillian Michaels yelling at them?

Obviously... I DO!
I purchased some of her work out DVDs not long ago. My favorite is "30 Day Shred". My at home workout routine usually consists of me waking up at an ungodly hour in the morning, putting on work out gear, drinking a glass of water followed by one of her 20 minute routines on this DVD. Then immediately afterward I do a program on my elliptical machine.

I bought the Schwinn 430 Elliptical approximately one year ago and I have to say it's one of the best investments I've made. Before I had that I had purchased a cheap Elliptical from Walmart which wasn't that great but did the job and didn't last very long. The Schwinn is sturdier and has some great programs available. Over the last week, I believe due to me implementing running into my routine, I've been able to increase my elliptical workout to 3 miles for my last two workouts. So that's just over 1 hour of exercise in the morning.

Her workouts are very good, but very hard. She's old school and doesn't use any gimmicks, she's frank with you and you really listen to her as you push through. There are two helpers with her and one does the more advanced workout while the other does the modified version. I think that's great because it really helps ease you into her workouts. The DVD consists of three separate workouts they are supposed to increase with intensity and are basically levels however, depending on your personal physical strengths/weaknesses you might find the "hardest" one easier than the first one, which I do since I have very weak arms! All you need for this DVD are dumbbells (I started with 3lbs and progressed to 5lbs) and a fitness mat.

The most important thing for me right now though is making sure I drink enough water and eat regularly throughout the day. I've been trying, when I have time, to start the day with a smoothie as opposed to cereal. Having a lunch that's light but filling and taking a snack for mid afternoon are key to me getting through the day - especially when I plan to run that night.

No comments:

Post a Comment